Hey ya’ll! It’s your girl, TiAnna, and we are down to the last few days of 2018. Most of you, including myself, are already plotting and scheming on 2019, as we should be. However, I believe we would be remiss if we didn’t take some time to reflect over our 2018 wins; what did you do fantastically, did you have a breakthrough, or kill the game in a particular area? Whatever it is, take a few moments or hours of quiet time and reflect over those wins (big or small) and thank God for them. Be diligent with the small things, and just watch the things you’ve always dreamed and prayed for begin to roll in. Declare your wins each day! Here are a few of my wins over 2018.
A Winner’s Spirit
- I built a wildly successful platform (Ready Set AIM Summit) and event to celebrate and empower diverse women leaders. This movement has inspired women to step into their passions, and also gave others an opportunity to amplify their voices for the first time, and make connections with other like minded people.
- My 2018 word was CONSISTENCY. I originally wanted to be consistent in working out, eating healthy, etc. I learned that once I became consistent with reciting scripture day and night (even if just for a few moments), then I will be consistent in every area of my life. I’m happy to report that my days have more order and I feel more accomplished, however, I’m still on this journey. I learned this technique from Barb Roose when she came to my women’s Bible study and taught over some of the principles in her new book, Joshua- Winning the Worry Battle.
- I began homeschooling my Kindergarten son! Yes, you read that correctly. Homeschool has been a dream of mine since he was born, and for the last 3 years, I’ve really been prompted to move in this direction. There’s so much that I want to do for myself that I wasn’t sure how I was going to work this out, but it’s going amazing. I’m so proud of myself and of him too!
- This year, I made a goal to attend more conferences with the purpose of learning more about my industry and meeting others who could be potential clients, partners, and biz besties. I accomplished this goal by attending TedX Willowcreek, Summit 21, Afrotech Detroit, Ready Set AIM Summit, and the She Was Made Summit. I met some amazing women, who’ve turned into friends, connections, and future partners (deals in progress!!).
- I was asked to sit on a panel at the Glass City Natural Hair Symposium in Toledo, OH, and I was also an expert mentor at the She Was Made Summit. Let’s not forget that I was also invited to do my very first podcast interview for Crwnd and Connected. I am still in awe that people see me as a person of note to speak on topics in marketing, branding, and social media. My goal is to join Toastmasters and step up my speaking skills and build my speaking platform in 2019.
- I know you financial wizards are going to kill me, but I opened a business account. Yes, I know, I should’ve already had one, but I didn’t and now I do! Having this account makes my business even more official, makes organization and reporting easier, and cuts down on the confusion within my personal household budget. Praise God!
- I found an amazing mentor who is great at providing me with direction for my life and business, she cheers me on, and boosts my confidence. I would not lie, get you a mentor ASAP!
- Do you run from conflict? I know I usually do because, I only have two levels: calm and WWIII. However, I knew that I had to change; as an adult we just need to know how to communicate difficult information. There are three conversations in particular that I’m thinking of that I was able to talk through, and I’m proud of that. In the past, I would suffer in silence, never talk to the person again, or have a knock down drag out fight.
Enough about me, please share your 2018 wins! I need all the inspo to run into 2019 and soar! Let’s inspire each other!